Everything You Need To Know About Tooth Extractions
The main focus of dentistry is to preserve a person’s natural smile, but sometimes, the best course of treatment may involve removing one. This may be because:
- A tooth is too damaged to be repaired
- Gum disease has deteriorated the bone supporting a tooth
- To make room for a set of dentures
- To make room for orthodontic treatment
- To replace a weakened tooth with a dental implant
Before your extraction, Dr. Blanton or Dr. Flex will thoroughly numb your gums and mouth so that you practically won’t feel anything. Most patients barely notice when their tooth is actually removed! They’re often surprised at how easy the procedure actually is, and that’s exactly what we want them to feel.
Do you have any more questions about tooth extractions? If so, we’d love to hear them, so please contact our office today.